NOTE: Puede lang mag-claim kapag hindi pa nakuha ng spouse ninyo ang kanyang Pag-ibig Provident benefits noong siya ay nabubuhay pa.
Kapag ang member ay nakuha na ang kanyang Pag-ibig Provident benefit noong siya ay nabubuhay pa, mapuputol na ang kanyang membership at wala nang death benefit o anumang benefit na makukuha pa ng kanyang mga maiiwan.
Requirements for filing your Pag-ibig death benefit claim:
1. Application for Provident Benefits Claim (Pag-ibig form)
2. Proof of Surviving Legal Heirs (Pag-ibig form, must be notarized)
3. Affidavit of Guardianship (Pag-ibig form, must be notarize)
4. Your valid photo IDs (2 IDs)
5. Death certificate of your spouse (NSO, certified true copy)
6. Your Marriage certificate (NSO, certified true copy)
7. Birth certificates of all your children (NSO, certified true copy)
For your personal file, photocopy all documents before filing with Pag-ibig.
Pag-ibig says that it has the right to require additional documents, if needed.
You can ask for Pag-ibig forms at the nearest Pag-ibig branch
Or you can download the forms and have them printed. Remember to print the Application for Provident Benefits Claim in one single sheet of paper only (print back to back).
For the other forms, there's no instruction of printing back to back.
Print or type when filling up the forms.
File at the Pag-ibig branch where your spouse's records are based. Usually, it is the branch nearest the company where your husband worked the longest.
If you're now residing in a region or province very far from your spouse's Pag-ibig branch, and the trip to the branch is costly, you can file at the Pag-ibig branch nearest your current residence. That branch will accept your documents and will forward them to your husband's Pag-ibig branch.